Is the old saying "seeing is believing" still relevant in the era of false information and the instruments of spreading it?
There is an old saying, "Seeing is believing." It means one need to see the things before believing about their existence.
In the era of technologies like photoshop, photo editing, deepfake and 24x7 media, we are living a life of illusion and falsehood. We cannot verify veracity of what the media says to us or what information we are getting through other mediums. Fake news, fake information is being bombarded upon us in such a quantum that we have become unable to concentrate on things. Even videos cannot provide us the true picture of the events which we might think genuine.
So, what do you think? Is the old saying "seeing is believing" still relevant in the era of false information and the instruments of spreading it?
- Yes, it is still relevant.
- Its relevance have increased in the present time.
- Nothing seems true in this era.
- The saying is relevant but, we cannot blindly believe on what we see.
- It has become irrelevant as we cannot determine truth and lies.
Answer the question at dpoll.xyz.