Been experimenting of what food to prepare since the quarantine started, and I felt like I am running out of ideas until I remember when my friend baked potatoes for us when she invited us in their house. But what she prepared is different with little similarities on what I prepared.
- Corned beef
- Peel the potatoes and boil them. What my friend has served has the peelings but I decided to remove it. Cook it just right, don't overcook or undercook.
- In an aluminum pan, grate some cheese and spread out. It doesn't have to cover the entire pan.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, mash them but not to the point of smooth as you can see in the picture. Spread it out on the aluminum pan.
- Spread out the corned beef on top of the mashed potatoes. I used Purefoods Corned Beef instead of the other local brands. If you don't have this in your country,try whatever suits you.
- Top it entirely with grated cheese. If you have melt cheese, that would be better. I don't have one so I only used the common cheddar cheese.
- Bake for at least 5 minutes or until the cheese melts a bit. I used the old kind of oven so 5 minutes in just fine. You can just adjust by yourself.
- Serve! Now I got a slice of it, and so far it tastes good! You don't have to put a lot of cheese but it depends on your preferences!