Germinate them &
activate their full potential!
Lentils, sunflower seeds & alfalfa (lucerne) on the 3rd day.
When you soak a handful of nuts or seeds (beans) you start their natural power to grow. A lot of their vitamins and minerals multiply after that. You also help braking down all the proteins into more digestible & accessible form for the body.
- Soak some seeds / beans / nuts into much clean water (you can wash them a little before)
- Wait for some hours, depending on the plant: 4-12 hours
- Discard the water and wash them again
- Strain without squeezing! Some water on bottom is not a problem (keeps moisture)
- Keep them covered and in warm room temperature (germinates them faster) into shaded place
- Watch for the sprouts to come out and when you think you can use them just do it. Different plants have different taste in different states.
What you can use them for?!
- Sprinke fresh on a salad or meal. Eat them raw!
- Grind or blend them into milk and make some sauce or ferment into plant based cheese!
Milk from sprouted quinoa
Refreshing vegetable smoothie with raw cashew yoghurt
Spicy TOFU (Soy cheese)
- After growing the sprouts for 2-3-4 days you can put them under the sun or light to make their leaves show up. This is useful, when you eat them fresh in a salad or meal.
- Keep them refrigerated when ready, because they go bad quickly. Washing
often can also help them to stay fresh and grow more.
- Another use of the sprouts could be to dry all carefully under max. 40-50 degrees Celsius. After this you can keep them vacuum sealed or grind them up in a jar to use a nutritional additive to your shakes, smoothies, soup, meals...
That's it for now. Stay healthy & strong!
come for more @trayan | www.trayan.info